When planning a building job at altitude, decisions must always be made on which aids are necessary in order to do the job properly. This includes looking at which technical aids are best to use for the job from a health and safety standpoint, e.g. choosing between ladders, scaffolding, personnel lifters or lifts.
Among other things, check:
- whether there are usage instructions/setup guides, etc. at the work site,
- whether there is space for transporting the aids before and after carrying out work,
- whether work and transport routes are good and can be used,
- whether there are any particular risks involved with the use of the aid,
- whether everyone has received proper instruction,
- who is allowed to work with the aid, etc.